10.04.2011

Fall Essentials

I have had a few girls send me emails asking me what some of my Fall essentials are. I have compiled a small list of items that I could not live without through Fall/Winter (and some all year long!).


A leather jacket is a must-have item in one's closet. I have two, a carmel colored one similar to the Asos one above and a black Zara one. Leather jackets can be expensive, but they are a good investment and you can keep it for forever if you buy a good one that will last, which is what I recommend doing. Since they can be pricey, try asking for one for your Birthday/Christmas/etc or save your money for one. 

Mother Corduroy Pants, Hudson Skinny Corduroy Pants, J Brand High-rise Corduroy Pants

I love corduroy because it can be dressed up or down. I have a pair of J Brand skinny corduroy pants that I wear religiously when it's cold out. Mostly because they are super comfy, but also because I can dress them up for work or pair them with a sweatshirt on a lazy day. Also, how delicious are those pumpkin colored Mother corduroy pants? That color is amazing!

Piperlime Blazer, TopShop Boyfriend Blazer, J. Crew Wool Blazer

Blazers are a great way to polish off an outfit. I like taking a top that I would wear out at night with friends, put a blazer over it with some black skinny jeans and wear it to work or class. You look professional, but fun at the same time. I like to wear colored blazer like the TopShop one above. It will add a nice pop of color to your outfit without being too loud for Fall. 


Pin It


31 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a great post! Thanks for the ideas! You make fashion sound so easy :)

House Of Jeffers said...

I feel like you read my mind... I will be rocking all of these looks this fall! The blazers are my favorite!

Jen
www.houseofjeffers.com

Anonymous said...

Really love the topshop blazer :)

SimplyChic said...

great essentials! i love that piperlime blazer!

xo jeanette
www.simplychicforcheap.wordpress.com

Sheri said...

These are awesome pics, Julia! Thanks for sharing your tips with us! I am dying to get some skinny corduroys...I hope I can find some, I know I would LIVE in them this fall. Have a great week!
xo

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more on these fall essentials! The leather jacket is the one item I don't have in my closet! That will be changing.

Would love for you and anyone else to stop by my blog and help support my Breast Cancer Awareness month cause! Thanks for caring and saving the ta-tas!

♥Abbey
Along Abbey Road
Enter to win my $25 LOFT gift card giveaway!

Marissa at Style Cusp said...

BLAZERS - yes, I am obsessed with these for fall!

XO

Miska said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miska said...

Thank you for the post!! I couldn't agree more. Absolutely love blazers and the way how they polish off an outfit.

Anonymous said...

I got a Mackage leather jacket and it was SO worth it despite the steep price tag!

Anonymous said...

I'm all about the blazers and leather jackets! The corduroy pants I'm not so sure I'll pull them off, but I'l try some on!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Unknown said...

Great picks, there all classic picks that goes with everything too. Thanks for the inspiration.

xx

http://goldendivine.blogspot.com

Nina Josephine said...

Nice post!

http://www.ninajosephine.com

Anonymous said...

Looove that Topshop blazer - great colour, amazing style... Just perfect!

FJM

x

http://www.flapjackmelody.blogspot.com

Mihaela said...

Leather jackets for sure!

my blog♥mfashionfreak

Please follow me if you're not already. I'd love to get more followers! I'll follow you back.

Call me M said...

I love blazers and I admit that I don't own a leather jacket, but I'm thinking of buying one!

Katya said...

love this post ♥

Vanda said...

I want a blazer and those great corduroy pants (in aubergine please!!!)

Cara said...

Definitely 3 essentials this season, I've got the leather jacket and cords off my list, but I do need to get my hands on a fun new blazer!
xo Cara
http://www.afashionloveaffair.com

Sia said...

lOVE THE BLAZERS! XOXO

Moon Child said...

I'm with you on the cords...just bought a great camel color pair at forever 21 actually - the fit seems to get better and better at that store!

Kelsey said...

Ohhh cords are the best. I haven't gotten a new pair in a few years...maybe that'll be added to my wish list!
I have a vintage leather jacket that I wear with everything in the fall. Just love it!

Sammie said...

love those cord pants,never thought they would come back :)

sammie
from
fashionbarbecue.com

Melu103 said...

i love blazers :)


fly with me ❤
www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

Ly said...

I want a leather jacket!

-Ly

http://www.lyzhang.com

Unknown said...

Leather jacket and blazer are must have for me! :D


xoxo
Antonia

FASHION IMPERATIVE

Belle, Christina said...

I love the cords - for some reason, I always associate that type of pant with fall!

I also really like the blazers, especially the one from J.Crew. They are a bit pricey but I think a great blazer is also a wonderful investment - I have a brown wool one from the Gap that I bought two years ago and still wear it to work all the time!

~ Christina

http://lapetitebelle-christina.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I definitely agree on all your essentials! Love me some blazers and cords!

katiesbliss.com

Karen said...

This is great! I definitely need a blazer! ... And a leather jacket would be amazing :)

simplylovethisblog.blogspot.com

DOWNTOWNCHICAGOBARBIE said...

I love the high-waisted corduroy pants. Would love a pair. I've been looking for a motorcycle jacket and boots for a few years. They are my must have for fall, with a hot coat and cape.

Anonymous said...

totally agree with the blazers and jackets!! :)

Post a Comment